On-board computers today are an integral part of most modern cars. But since their capabilities in some cars are limited, car owners have to additionally purchase devices with broader functionality - in order to increase the driving comfort of the car and facilitate its maintenance. Find out what you need to pay attention to when choosing on-board computer and what capabilities they have.
Functional Features You Should Pay Attention To
Modern on-board computers can simultaneously perform a series of actions to monitor and diagnose various parameters and components of a car, and therefore it is important that the device systematizes all the information in a convenient way. And this information is quite a lot: the temperature of oil, fuel and coolant, ignition timing, instant and average fuel consumption, speed, boost pressure, torque, charge current, operating voltage in the on-board network and so on.
Analysis of these data, performed by the computer, makes it possible to warn the driver about the risk of malfunctions in time. Now, you can even control on-board computer using iPhone. In addition, it can control the speed of the car, its acceleration and braking and other characteristics, and based on this information, form a trip report: the average speed on the route, the distance traveled, the amount of fuel consumed, travel time and much more.
First of all, you should pay attention to the following functions of the computer:
- the ability to configure online voice alerts when a computer detects defects or changes the parameters of the car;
- selection of modes of simultaneous visual display of several parameters on the display;
- the ability to quickly update software, including via the Internet;
- the presence of a built-in electronic error log, which records all the technical failures that have occurred and the main parameters of the car at the time of such failures.
If you are a lucky owner of Ford, check 5 top Ford F150 EcoBoost tuners on Autokwix. Their functional features will impress any driver.
What Technical Specifications Matter?
Pay attention to the technical specifications as well.
- Operating voltage range: the wider it is, the better. It is usually from 9 to 16 volts for cars with 12-volt power.
- Operating temperature range: for most BCs, the operating temperature range varies from -20 ° C to + 45 ° C. Pay special attention to the lower limit of the range. It is desirable that it should not be higher than -20 ° C, and for the northern regions - not higher than -30 ° C.
- The average current consumed in standby mode (when the power of the device is turned off): the smaller it is, the better that the battery is not discharged during long periods of stay.
- Digit capacity of the processor: board computers with both 16-bit and 32-bit processors are on sale. The latter are much more powerful, so they work faster, and their results are more accurate.
Keep in mind all the above-mentioned features and you will make the right choice.
- Local Notices
- Franklin Events
- Emerson Events
- Franklin Community Profile
- Emerson Community Profile
- Water Meter Readings
- Red River Recreation
- Emerson Franklin Senior Services
- Transfer Station
- Handi Van
- Abbeyfield House
- Employment Opportunities
- Helpful Links
- Your Opinion
- E-News Sign Up